A Brief Guide to Occupancy Tracking Solutions
We need to start by saying that an occupancy sensor is an essential technological improvement for retail stores. Generally, a practical approach will help you detect the presence of people within your store or business.
We can differentiate various occupancy sensing technologies, including video image processing, microwave, ultrasonic, and infrared. In most cases, they go through your building’s IoT or Internet of Things network and building automation systems, ventilation, and other areas.
If you wish to learn more about this particular technology, we recommend visiting a link we shared with you.
Let us start from the beginning.
Table of Contents
How Do Sensors Operate?
We have mentioned above that occupancy sensors can help you detect changes and motions in the environment by using different aspects of technology such as:
- Passive Infrared Sensors – They are perfect for detecting body heat as well as temperature changes.
- Ultrasonic Sensors – They emit high-frequency sound waves that we cannot hear. Therefore, it uses a Doppler effect of detecting people by returning sounds to the sensor.
- Time-Of-Flight Infrared Sensors are similar toultrasonic ones, but they use infrared light instead of sounds. Therefore, they tend to emit invisible light, while artificial intelligence will use the sensors to learn more about particular surroundings to detect changes.
You should know that it is crucial to install them in high-traffic locations so that you can measure the number of people entering your business. They are generally unnoticeable, which means you can place them on the ceiling at the exit/entry zone.
As soon as you enter this site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupancy_sensor you will learn more about this particular type of technology.
The data will directly go to a cloud-based platform to calculate with ease real-time space utilization, occupancy levels, and other factors that you have already implemented, such as HVAC systems, lightning-based on motion, and many more.
If you wish to build a smart building that will provide you peace of mind when handling real-time data, you should implement counting sensors that will help you with the process.
That way, you can improve employee productivity, energy efficiency, space utilization, and many more.
You can find a wide array of occupancy sensors available on the market that will provide you different features depending on your budget and what you wish to achieve in the first place.
The most critical factors should comply with data protection policies, efficiency, and accuracy. For instance, passive infrared sensors are sufficient for telling you whether a particular zone is occupied, but it cannot count the number of people inside it.
However, it is vital to have these details, especially if you wish to create a business that will operate properly. On the other hand, the high-end sensors will provide you real-time data, which you can use to your advantage.
Therefore, when you have comprehensive and precise occupancy information, you will be able to:
- You can call the cleaning team to start washing a particular room after a certain number of people entered inside.
- You will get a notification about the occupancy limit in each room
- You can ensure all zones around your business to make sure that everything is managed correctly.
Importance of Bathroom Occupancy Sensors
One of the biggest challenges in the business world includes office hygiene, and it is something that affects businesses from all across the globe.
If you implement a bathroom sensor, you will be able to get insights on usage, which will allow your cleaning crew to clean everything after a certain number of visitors.
You will receive notifications when the facilities reach a threshold so that you can employ cleaning staff. It is imperative to think that way, especially in the world of pandemic and COVID19.
As soon as you check here, you will learn everything about COVID-19 regulations your business should follow.
Simultaneously, if you implement effective ways to manage washrooms, you will ensure that these facilities do not become hazardous, which will ultimately reduce maintenance expenses.
You probably know about the severe effects that lousy hygiene in washrooms can have on your organization. Therefore, you should think about being as clean as possible, and the best way to prevent it is by implementing a sensor that will notify you about each problem.
Things to Know About IoT Sensors
We live in a world where both organizations and businesses are increasing their knowledge about numerous inefficiencies that can affect profits. Since energy consumption is one of the most important factors, you need to find ways to reduce the expenses.
At the same time, user experience is another factor that will help you drive sales, which is why you should implement IoT sensors that will help you improve your business’s efficiency in general.
By using this particular type of occupancy sensors, you will be able to:
- Save money on energy by controlling both temperature and lights in empty areas.
- Have transparency on workspace and conference room availability
- Boost energy efficiency because you will reduce wasting it in empty areas.
- You can design practical workspaces for your employees, which will boost their productivity, among other things.
- You can keep maintenance and hygiene all over your building, which is vital in this world of pandemics.
- You can use sensors so that people and visitors can comply with pandemic strategies and regulations such as social distancing.
We recommend you to visit this link: https://www.thebalancesmb.com/technology-can-make-your-workplace-safer-4776203 to learn more about making your workplace safe.
Finally, you should know that due to COVID-19, the number of businesses using counting sensors is increasing because of regulations that everyone should follow.
Therefore, sensors can monitor the number of employees on each floor and room, which will help you implement and enhance safety measures.